Most students study theology to prepare for a career in teaching or in key pastoral or administrative positions in religious ministry. Others plan to pursue graduate work in theology. Some students choose theology as a supplementary major, because theology's focus on the central questions of human existence complements and extends their commitment to their first major in science, sociology or psychology. Professional schools increasingly appreciate how such a balanced preparation enhances a candidate's profile.
Specific career options include:
- Religious educator
- Coordinator of youth ministry
- Campus minister
- Director of religious education
- Pastoral administrator/associate
- Adult education director
- Director of liturgy
|Parochial school teacher (elementary)
||$25,000 - $30,000
|Director of religious education (DRE)
||$30,000 - $35,000
||$26,000 - $30,000
- Brooke Hewitt '10 Brooke is in the master's Religious Studies Program at St. Charles Borremeo Seminary, Philadelphia.
- James Malinowski '09 Jim is currently emplyed at St. Christopher Church, Philadelphia. He is responsible for the parish religious education/youth ministry programs.
- Rebecca Matakas '07 Rebecca is pursing a Master of Arts in Theology at Villanova University. Becky's blog: The Grace in Life
- Laura Hritz '07 Laura is currently the coordinator of religious education at Sacred Heart Church, Royersford, Pa. She is pursuing a master's in education at Cabrini College.
- Robert Steiner (Certificate of Proficiency in Theology)