Advisement Meetings

Twice a year, you will meet with your faculty adviser. Students in the College of LifeLong Learning meet with a faculty adviser assigned to them at that office. However, CLL students majoring in sociology, social work or criminology should meet with either Dr. Franco or Mr. Hartleroad by their sophomore year to check on their sequence of course offerings.   Students in the College of Undergraduate Studies will be assigned by major to either Dr. Franco or Mr. Hartleroad. Your faculty adviser will have your registration forms ready. You will need to:

  • Download a course sequence sheet from this site based on your major and bring it to your meeting with your adviser.
  • Contact your adviser in a timely manner.  Advisement will be scheduled by department faculty and dates will be posted.  


Summer Courses

If you wish to take summer courses at another institution or at Immaculata, you must meet with the University academic adviser in the Registrar’s Office and get approval in advance. The faculty adviser will contact the department chair to approve the course description to transfer course credit to Immaculata. Please bring relevant course catalogs and course descriptions with you to advisement.  

Credit Checks

A full credit check of your total number of course distribution credits and core credits is available to juniors in their spring semester at the Registrar’s Office.  

Math Requirement

All sociology majors are expected to complete Immaculata University’s requirement of two semesters of college math courses.  

Add/Drop Slips

If you plan to drop or add a course, it is essential that you do so quickly, within the first week of class. You will need to obtain an add/drop slip from the Registrar’s Office (faculty advisers do not have them). Have your faculty adviser and the department chair sign them. You are then responsible for returning them to the Registrar’s Office. 

Independent Studies

An independent study is possible in a given course offering provided that:

  • The student has a sound rationale for requesting one
  • A faculty member is available to provide it
  • The student demonstrates a responsible work/study record

Forms for independent study - SOC 350 can be downloaded by the faculty member sponsoring it. The course syllabus is to be completed on the form, and then it must be approved and signed by the department chair before it is sent to the academic dean for final approval. All of these steps must be completed before you register for an independent study.

Immaculata University | 1145 King Road, Immaculata, PA. 19345 | p. 610-647-4400 or call toll-free: 1-877-42 TODAY
Immaculata University is a Catholic, comprehensive, coeducational institution founded by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Copyright ©2012 All Rights Reserved | Federal Compliance Links | Clery