All students entering the program must hold a master's degree. The 60 credits of the program are in addition to your master's degree.
Please submit all materials in a single large envelope. A complete application for admission will include the following:
1. A completed application form with $75 application fee (Please make check payable to Immaculata University). If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, which will allow you to view the form, please download it here.
2. Official transcript(s) of your academic record from each undergraduate and graduate school attended. Official transcripts verifying completion of prerequisite degrees should be forwarded to you from the school registrar(s). Request that the school enclose the transcript(s) in a sealed envelope, with the registrar's name signed across the seal. Do not open the envelope when it has been returned to you. If the seal has been broken on the envelope, your entire application will be returned to you.
Applicants to the Nursing Education concentration must be registered nurses (RNs) and hold an earned Master of Science in the field of nursing.
3. Three completed reference forms appraising your capacity for doctoral study. Complete and sign the top portion of the reference form and forward it with an envelope to the individual who will be providing your reference. Write your name and address on the envelope, and when it has been returned to you, return the SEALED envelope with the rest of your application materials. Do not open the envelope when it has been returned to you.
4. A goals statement, in the form of a two-page, double spaced, typed and signed statement of your educational pursuits in higher education.
5. Offiicial score reports for the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) sent directly to the College of Graduate Studies by the testing center. Applicants with a graduate grade point average of 3.3 or higher are not required to submit test scores. For MAT information, contact The Psychological Corporation, Miller Analogies Test, Customer Relations, 19500 Bulverde Road, San Antonio, TX 78259 (800-622-3231 or 210-339-8710). For GRE information, contact Graduate Record Examinations, Educational Testing Services, P.O. Box 6000, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000 (609-771-7670).
6. Official TOEFL or APIEL score sent directly to the College of Graduate Studies if you are an international student. See the Graduate Catalog on “international students" for full documentation required for international students.
Please mail the completed application form as well as supporting documents to:
Doctor of Education HED Admission Committee
Lillian P. Lettiere Center #118
1145 King Road
Immaculata, PA 19345
Students may apply to the doctoral program in Higher Education for the fall, spring, or summer semesters. Please contact the College of Graduate Studies Admission Office at 484-323-3223 for application deadlines or if you have any questions regarding the Higher Education program. The College of Graduate Studies fax number is 484-395-0068.
Note: Applicants with Criminal Histories
Applicants with criminal findings may not be eligible for admission to Immaculata University, except in outstanding circumstances as determined by the president. Applicants having convictions (other than minor traffic violations) will be asked to submit full disclosure of the facts and circumstances of the incident for review by the office of admission or by the College of Graduate Studies offices on a case-by-case basis.