All students entering the program must hold a master's degree. The 60 credits of the program are in addition to your master's degree.
Please submit all materials in a single large envelope. A complete application for admission will include the following:
- A completed application form with $75 application fee (Please make check payable to Immaculata University). If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, which will allow you to view the form, please download it here.
- Official transcript(s) of your academic record from each undergraduate and graduate school attended. Official transcripts verifying completion of prerequisite degrees should be forwarded to you from the school registrar(s). Request that the school enclose the transcript(s) in a sealed envelope, with the registrar's name signed across the seal. DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPE WHEN IT HAS BEEN RETURNED TO YOU. If the seal has been broken on the envelope, your entire application will be returned to you.
- THREE completed reference forms appraising your capacity for doctoral study. Complete and sign the top portion of the reference form and forward it with an envelope to the individual who will be providing your reference. Write your name and address on the envelope, and when it has been returned to you, return the SEALED envelope with the rest of your application materials. DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPE WHEN IT HAS BEEN RETURNED TO YOU.
- Writing sample: A two-page double-spaced, typed and signed statement of your professional pursuits in higher education. This statement should reflect the manner in which the doctoral program will support your professional goals.
- Official score reports for the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) sent directly to the College of Graduate Studies by the testing center. For MAT information, contact The Psychological Corporation, Miller Analogies Test, Customer Relations, 19500 Bulverde Road, San Antonio, TX 78259 (800-622-3231 or 210-339-8710). For GRE information, contact Graduate Record Examinations, Educational Testing Services, P.O. Box 6000, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000 (609-771-7670).
- Official TOEFL or APIEL score sent directly to the College of Graduate Studies if you are an international student. See the Graduate Catalog - Admissions for full documentation required for international students.
Please mail the completed application form as well as supporting documents to:
Doctor of Education Admission Committee
College of Graduate Studies
Campus Box 500
Immaculata, PA 19345-0500
Students may apply to the doctoral program in Higher Education for the fall or spring semesters. Please contact the College of Graduate Studies Admission Office at 484-323-3211 for application deadlines or if you have any questions regarding the Higher Education program. The College of Graduate Studies fax number is 610-993-8550.