Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Temple University, 2007
M.S. in Physical Chemistrt, Temple University, 2004
B.S. in Physical Chemistry, University of Science and Technology Beijing, 2000
- CHEM 100 Survey of Chemistry
- CHEM 101 Basic College Chemistry I
- CHEM 102 Basic College Chemistry II
- CHEM 103 Fundamental Chemistry Concepts I Laboratory
- CHEM 104 Fundamental Chemistry Concepts II Laboratory
- CHEM 105 Forensic Science I
- CHEM 106 Forensic Science II
- CHEM 304 Instrumental Analysis
- CHEM 313 Physical Chemistry I
- CHEM 314 Physical Chemistry II
Chemical education, with an emphasis on analytical chemistry, instrumental analysis and science lecture demonstration.
- Identified alcohol content in a beverage, different types of plastics, and common painkillers using FTIR and investigated the application in teaching instrumental analysis.
- Constructed a low-cost Raman Instrument and investigated the potential applications in various topics of chemistry.
- Selected and improved Science Lecture Demonstration that can be incorporated with undergraduate curriculum.
- Studied the students’ conceptual understanding in the chemistry classroom using Science Lecture Demonstration.
- Selected, adopted and designed new experiments in teaching forensic science, general chemistry and instrumental analysis.
- Provided analytical support for diverse research projects and teaching assignments while utilizing a variety of instruments.
- Studied polymer functionalized materials with gel-permeation chromatography (GPC). Developed a separation method using GPC system to purify the synthesized materials for further treatment.
- Characterized the interfaces of silica materials modified with a polymer layer and biological layer using TGA, FTIR, DSC, DLS etc.
249th American Chemical Society National Meeting, Denver, Colorado, March 2015. When teaching and text messaging work together in a classroom.
245th American Chemical Society National Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, August 2012. Engineering an in-house Raman spectroscopy instrument: Applications in undergraduate program. Thomas Padlo, Jiangyue Zhang
American Chemical Society 43rd Middle Atlantic Regional Meeting, UMBC, Baltimore, Maryland, May 2012. Beyond the periodic table: Useful iPad applications in chemistry teaching.
American Chemical Society 43rd Middle Atlantic Regional Meeting, UMBC, Baltimore, Maryland, May 2012. Construction of an Inexpensive In-house Raman Spectrometer. Benjamin Eagleton, Jiangyue Zhang
American Chemical Society 42nd Middle Atlantic Regional Meeting, the University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, May 2011. Arouse Students' Curiosity Using Science Lecture Demonstrations. Meghan Rollison; Christopher Robert; Jiangyue Zhang
239th American Chemistry Society National Meeting, San Francisco, California, 2010. Undergraduate students' achievement and conceptual understanding of chemistry taught with the Science Lecture Demonstration (SLD) method.
38th American Chemistry Society Middle Atlantic Regional Meeting, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 2006. Support lipid layer study of self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) on SiO2 beads.
229th American Chemistry Society National Meeting, Washington D.C., 2005. Formation of self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) and lipid bilayers on nanometer size silica beads.
227th American Chemistry Society National Meeting, Anaheim, California, 2004. Supported Lipid Bilayers on SiO2 Nanobeads.
American Chemistry Society Regional Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2002. Gel-Permeation Chromatography (GPC) Study of POSS and Modified POSS Nano Materials.