Business Management B.S.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Management provides a solid foundation in business management, economics, accounting, finance, marketing, law, human resources, operations and strategy. Combined with a strong liberal arts core, our graduates are prepared to take management and leadership roles in a variety of business endeavors and are prepared to pursue advanced study in graduate programs.
The program is offered in the day time, at night, and online. New night and online classes are offered in a seven-week format.
Immaculata University’s Business and Accounting Department develops ethical, service-oriented business leaders for the global community.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Management offered by Immaculata University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The ACBSP accreditation certifies that the teaching and learning processes within the business programs meet the rigorous educational standards established by ACBSP. Immaculata University is committed to providing the highest quality business education for our students, as evidenced by this accreditation.
- Dynamic learning experiences that develop responsibility, respect, timeliness, trust, and initiative
- Faculty with extensive business experience, including serving as corporate CFOs, financial planners, economists, business owners, sales professionals, federal regulators, and consultants
- Technology integrated into the curriculum
- Entrepreneurial and networking opportunities through Enactus
- Opportunity to participate in the Business Club, which publishes a semi-annual newsletter and tours companies to learn about business operations
- Guest presentations from successful business professionals
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of your degree program, you will be able to:
- Understand the balance of theory and practice as it applies to the various sectors of the world of business, accounting, finance, marketing and economics
- Exercise effective interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Use technology effectively to enhance productivity and efficiency on both individual and organizational levels
- Use your business skills to make a difference in the world with the highest level of integrity and ethics
- Techniques for long-range strategic planning
- Analyzing and designing business processes
- Global marketing and trade
- Human resource management
- Effective use of business information
- Resource allocation
- Starting a business
- Understanding and leading groups
Higher education significantly increases marketability and earning potential. A Bachelor of Science in Business Management will give you a solid understanding of business practices and the skills for effective communication, strategizing, decision-making, and teamwork. You will have a working knowledge of global markets, foreign cultures, and business organizations, and the analytical skills to make economic and operating decisions.
With your degree in business management, you may choose to pursue the following careers:
- Business Manager
- Operations analyst
- Planning/project manager
- Customer service manager
- Meeting & convention planner
- Sales representative
- Human resources manager
In addition, a business management degree prepares you for graduate work in a number of fields or for further training as a certified financial planner (CFP), a chartered financial consultant (ChFC), or a chartered financial analyst (CFA). Many of our students pursue dual majors or minors in finance, accounting, marketing or economics to add depth to their career opportunities.
For the traditional day program, all courses for the degree, including both major requirements and the academic core, can be completed in four years by following a course plan for the program.
For the evening accelerated or online program, courses required for the major may be completed in two years by taking nine credits per semester in the fall, spring and summer.
View a list of courses required to complete the B.S. in Business Management.
Students must complete a business internship and associated practicum course that provides practical experience and connects course material with the business world. Working adults typically use their work experience in place of the internship.
Our students have recently completed internships at:
- ING Financial
- Scott Trade
- Vizion Group
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Comcast Spectacor
- Citizen’s Bank
- Lincoln Financial
- Northwest Mutual
- XL Insurance