Human Performance Management B.S.
The Bachelor of Science in Human Performance Management, offered by the Psychology Department, is an accelerated degree-completion program which emphasizes theory and practical applications in the field of human resource management. Students learn to appreciate the behavioral, economic, and legal implications of workforce management and the crucial role an effective workforce plays in any organization. This degree enhances students’ employment potential and enables them to make a greater contribution to their organization.
Business strategies can deliver excellent results only when they are executed well. The most critical component in successfully achieving any organization's goals is consistent, high-quality human performance. In this program, students are challenged to create an environment in which employees can develop their full potential and, in so doing, fulfill their company's mission and vision. Students will learn to enable and elicit valuable employee contributions to the organization.
- Taught by practicing professionals
- Offered in a fully online format or at various convenient locations: south Philadelphia or Immaculata's campus on the Main Line 20 miles west of Philadelphia
- Cohort-based program
- Strong emphasis on real-world scenarios and case studies
- Regionally accredited by Middle States Association
- Preparation for master’s level work
- Personal research advisor
- Credit for prior learning
- Communicating through speaking, writing, and the use of technology
- Critical thinking; integrating academic research and theories with real world applications
- Decision-making based on behavioral, ethical and legal considerations
- Employee selection and employee performance assessment
- Understanding the tools necessary to motivate and train employees for enhanced productivity
The degree prepares students for a variety of positions that oversee the hiring process, contracts, organizational development, fair employment practices, and conflict resolution in small and large organizations. Specific career opportunities include:
- Performance specialist
- Human resource generalist
- Recruitment specialist
- Talent acquisition specialist
- Corporate trainer
- Human resource representative